July 24-25, 2021
Location- Upward STAR Center, 9768 Warren H Abernathy Hwy. Spartanburg, SC 29301
The facility is currently allowing 1,200 people in the gym so at this time there will not be limits on the number of spectators during the eventContest Directors: Hazel Cartee & Ansley Cartee Minor
Open to all states & all twirling organizations!
Deadline – Entries must be RECEIVED by June 1, 2021 to allow time for planning & coordinating this event to make it an awesome experience for everyone participating! Payment can be made via Credit, Debit or PayPal. No Refunds.
Contact Hazel with questions
- Call or Text (864) 844-1249
A full schedule will be e-mailed to everyone by no later than July 9th. Tentative schedule is all solo events on Saturday & all teams & solo events with own music on Sunday but this is subject to change.
US Open Rules, Time Limits & General Information
Solo Age Groups- 0-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20, 21+
Duet Age Groups- 0-17, 18-28, 29+
Time Limits for Solos-
All Struts- :30-2:00
All 2/3 Baton- 1:00-2:00
All Modeling- 1:00 Max
*Set System will be used for all solo events. Please follow the program book and highlight your events.
*No maximum age limit.
*Competing age is age as of September 1, 2020.
*All modeling will be done in costume.
*Salute or courtesy pose for start & end time.
- Double entering is allowed.
- Follow United States Twirling Open on FB & Instagram for lots of updates & information. We will also keep you posted via email.
- Division levels – Novice, Beginner, Intermediate, & Advanced.
- Solo Divisions for Solo Events - 0-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20, 21+
- Please keep a copy of your entry so you will know what you entered.
- Contestants are responsible for reporting to their lanes on time.
- Only soft sole shoes will be allowed on the gym floor.
- Video recording is allowed of own child/students only.
Featuring some great events!
Miss US Twirling Champion
(Modeling w/interview, X-Strut, & Solo)
US Grand Twirling Champion
(Solo only for 0-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16+ Top 15 will be selected from first round, then Top 5 for final round for the Grand winner to be selected!
US All Around Twirling Champion
(Novice, Beg, Int & Adv- Twirlers compete in Solo, X-Strut, & 2-Baton)
Age Groups- 0-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20, 21+
All Entries are Non-Refundable.